There are usually issues with cloning large repositories over http. this can be due to web server settings, the backend and etc.
Well today I had to clone a big repo off a phabricator instance and I was getting “error: RPC failed; curl transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining” all the way.
after lots of try I found this solution posted on stackoverflow which seemed to be working in my case.
Hope it can help you too if you are looking at this page right now.
$ git clone http://github.com/large-repository --depth 1
$ cd large-repository
$ git fetch --unshallow
Incoming search terms:
- error: RPC failed; curl 18 transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining
- brew installtion error: RPC failed; curl 18 trasnfer closed with outstanding
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1824 yxFD11HZa3zOJ7egqYE_5K8kKfuof1DpCw_MILXvVE9Hg4D-vtsslryyVyv59_oW 7dc174ee743bd51152280c8faf5fd5d8d1390086&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- RPC failed; curl 18 transfer closed with outstanding data remaining
- RPC failed; curl 18 transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining