VitoDeploy is a self-hosted server management tool aimed to make it easy to bootstrap servers and easily deploy PHP applications. In a nutshell, Vito is a perfect open-source alternative to what we all know as Laravel Forge.Continue reading “VitoDeploy: opensource alternative to Laravel Forge”
Bookmarks have been around for as long as the internet itself. They’re a simple way to save websites and articles that you want to revisit later. But in the age of teamwork, traditional bookmarks are starting to show their age.
Here are some of the challenges with using traditional bookmarks for teams:
- They’re not collaborative. With traditional bookmarks, it’s difficult to share your bookmarks with others or collaborate on them. This can be a problem if you’re working on a team project and need to keep track of all the resources that you’re using.
- They’re not searchable. It can be difficult to find the bookmarks that you’re looking for if you don’t remember the exact name of the website or article. This can be a major headache if you’re trying to find a specific piece of information.
- They’re not organized. It’s easy to end up with a cluttered mess of bookmarks if you’re not careful. This can make it difficult to find the bookmarks that you need when you need them.
So, what’s the solution? How can we reinvent bookmarks for teams?
We tried to solve this by building a new product, Linkinize, the bookmark solution for teams. whether you are working as a team, a big organization, or a group of students, Linkinize can improve your link-sharing experience by bringing the following ideas to the table.
- a collaborative bookmarking tool. Linkinize is collaborative, it allows you to create links that are shared with your team, your team can access these links and do necessary updates on them over time to keep them updated.
- search-based bookmarking tool. Search-based bookmarking tools allow you to search for your bookmarks by keyword, title, or even content. This makes it much easier to find the bookmarks that you’re looking for.
Together with the above key solutions, bringing in customization such as LDAP authentication for companies, integration with wiki solutions such as confluence, and much more, we have built Linkinize the ultimate solution for bookmarking within teams.
In addition to the above, here are some other features that make Linkinize the ultimate solution for sharing links in teams:
- The ability to add descriptions to bookmarks. This makes it surprisingly easy to make your links searchable by keywords relevant to the content of that link
- The ability to import your bookmarks. This feature makes it easy to import your current set of bookmarks saved in your browser to Linkinize.
- Role Management. Linkinize supports different user types, you can allow access to your workspace to others in both read-only or publisher mode.
We believe by incorporating these features and many more to come, we have truly started a new generation of Bookmarks for teams. This would help teams to be more productive and efficient, and it would make it easier to share information, collaborate, and onboard new team members.
Linkinize is Free of an unlimited number of workspaces with a maximum of 10 members in each workspace. Join Linkinize today and revolutionize your Bookmarks experience right now.
Most of us can agree 2022 wasn’t a regular one, probably most of us were looking forward to its start, saying goodbye to the pandemic’s restrictions and looking to a new beginning.Continue reading “Wrapping up 2022”
About a week ago, I wrote a blog post about how I concluded that disabling comments on Youtube videos could be oppression of free speech.
My philosophy is that if you have the freedom and opportunity to express your opinions to the public, you should be open to receiving criticism and feedback. Preventing people from expressing their thoughts on that by using features like disabling commenting, is against freedom of speech.
This incident became a reason that I made Kament, a commenting platform for Youtube shipped as a browser extension that is enabling comments on videos when the commenting section is restricted. a tool to empower the public to express their voice, not affiliated with Youtube, or the publisher of the video, completely neutral, made to bring Free Speech back to Youtube.
Once you install the extension, you need to sign in with your Google account, and that’s it, whenever you open a video in which the comments are disabled, Kament.io will activate and allow you to post comments. You no longer need to take such discussions to platforms such as Reddit or Twitter, you can comment on the video, right there.
To get started and be up and running with Kament in less than 20 seconds, check https://kament.io .
If you support this idea, it would be great if you share it with your friends and follow our social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram.
Also, I would be more than happy to hear your comments and suggestions on this!
I am not really someone who engages himself in controversial discussions, debates, and internet battles, and I don’t think I’ll ever be. But this has never meant that I do not have an opinion about issues that are being discussed daily in public and on the internet.
A while back, I stumbled upon a Youtube video, an interview with someone whose beliefs and ideology about a subject was the opposite of the interviewer. The whole theme of the video was to attack the person in the interview. I listened to it thoroughly, with no bias toward the person being attacked. I rarely post Youtube comments, but this time it felt like I should give my opinion about the content and the issue that was being discussed.Continue reading “Disabling Youtube Comments is an Oppression of Free Speech”