This is an issue that happened to lots of adobe acrobat users, the issue is when you attempt to perform a print in adobe reader, you will immediately receive a message saying “Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer.” and does not let you to access printing dialog. Yesterday my dad computer ran into the same problem after a clean windows install, as the adobe reader installed on his system was the latest version, there were no doubt that it won’t be fixed with any sort of upgrade. So I had to find for an alternative solution, after spending some time on searching for this issue and the solution, I found many websites believe this can be fixed by changing the default printer. Basically the steps they were suggesting were:
- close adobe reader
- open your printer and devices
- right click on another printer (can be virtual as well) and set that one as your default printer
- open adobe acrobat again and attempt the print
- on the print dialog select your desired printer and continue with your print
Well it would be nice if that could work, but unfortunately that didn’t give me the result I want and I still was getting that annoying message. what I had in my mind was however adobe wants to detect the printers will follow accessing to read their configuration, so it means adobe must be attempting to access windows. As by normal it should be done without any problem I thought maybe there is a glitch here, so I wanted to make sure that it does access to all system properties with full permission. I right-clicked on the Adobe Reader icon on my desktop and tried to launch it as administrator. After I opened it with administrator privileges I attempt to print and yea, there was a good news there for me. The printing dialog was there, thus I selected my desired printer and continued my printing task.
So basically one of the steps to overcome that issue is to run Adobe Reader with Administrator permissions.
hope this helps if you ran into the same problem. have a good day everyone.
Incoming search terms:
- before you can perform print-related tasks
- Beforeyoucanperformprint-relatedtaskssuchaspagesetuporprintingadocument youneedtoinstallaprinter |MahdiHazaveh
- before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document you need to install a printer
- before you can perform print-related tasks adobe reader
- before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document
- before you can perform printer-related tasks
- before you can perform print-related tasks adobe
- adobe reader before you can perform print-related tasks
- before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup
- before you can