Out of the sudden I was not able to build and run my cordova projects on my android phone by getting “Error: Could not find gradle wrapper within Android SDK. Might need to update your Android SDK.” .
It was not a normal SDK issue. after looking around it turned out that Google has changed the location of gardle wrapper in their sdk which was causing cordova not being able to find it. thus trying to run / build the apk was giving out the below output:
Error: Could not find gradle wrapper within Android SDK. Might need to update your Android SDK.
Looked here: /Users/mahdi/Library/Android/sdk/tools/templates/gradle/wrapper
Blame is on Google but it seems Apache has fixed this issue in the next version of android-platform for cordova. so if you are one of the victims of errors above you can do this to solve your problem.
# cordova platform rm android
# cordova platform add https://github.com/apache/cordova-android
lets hope this helps some people out there, stuck searching over a solution like me.
Incoming search terms:
- mac cli Error: Could not find gradle wrapper within Android SDK Might need to update your Android SDK
- cordova 7 gradle wrapper fix
- could not find gradle wrapper within android copy templates
- could not find gradle wrapper within android sdk windows
- gradle not found cordova
- mac android gradle wrapper miss
- mac could not find gradle wrapper within android sdk
- template gradle wrapper