Softether is great. Setting up a VPN server with multi protocol support is made pretty easy with it.
Well I’m not going to talk about how to setup softether and so on, Today I’m going to share an issue that I was experiencing by setting up softether on my Virtual Machines.
Softether uses a built in DHCP server to assign internal IP addresses to your VPN users. That is great, but sometime you may see your whole network crashing.
I set up softether on our data center and it was working pretty well. After Few hours I realized that there is a large amount of broadcast packets within the network coming out from the Softether machine.
Looking up the problem for few days I realized that the local bridge was causing the issue. The local bridge feature will try to put the vpn server in state of the host machine in your physical network, which means the VPN server will start sending DHCP broadcast packets to all the physical machines in your network. This can cause confusion for your other machines and network disturbance.
Incoming search terms:
- disable network discovery softether vpn server
- how to config queue on softether
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1822 0Mktg1qBKdm25bwoJ546EW3aNeApzV4lytPWyAsEysTfjMA668cboOXXUDGxeALx 3c789f7f9223f7a6d84dfd3c93a992a0e852bab0&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1822 g_ybLTFeuH8XtRi9W-38Fg3_W8O5pPqHaiaUGjb3M3KNoFN4IA729lX7NUmgXdWe 194ab46af4e11f93c7e59887d60e19b411a9997e&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1830 4NWUoGUjU-hZTpaAJA0fy88ZiqhpGZ4MDrUqd0Hl9gz7WHX6kGKnRSH_2qBA8fyj 9bdb4b776b3479747298d37d9ac66cfcb189ac6c&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- net disturbs machin
- softether net
- softether network broadcast