I’m totally pissed with Virtualbox guest editions! this application really looks great and has nice features! but if you are going to run a Linux guest on your host I suggest you not to use this application! there are always problems with guest additions on Linux guests!
Anyway, I’m going to move my Linux machine to my VMware Player. So I’ve decided to take pictures of each step and publish it here as a tutorial.
1. Open up your virtual box. select the VM you want to export and move to VMware player and make sure that the machine state is off! (Ensure that the VM is switched off! not suspended or anything).
2. Open File menu and then click on “Export Appliance…”.
3. Now select the Virtual Machine you are willing to move from the list of available Virtual Machines.
4. Now Virtual Box is going to export the machine into OVA format! choose your desired directory and click on “Next”.
5. Click on “Export”.
It will take a bit long so stay Patient . (believe me if you don’t need the data’s in your virtual machine it’s better you create and install a new one on VMware instead.)
6. once the exporting process is done open your VMware Player and click on “Open a Virtual Machine”.
7. Simply browse your hard drive to the location that you’ve saved the virtual machine OVA file and select it.
8. You can change the virtual machine and the address it will be located here! make your changes and click on “Import”
Then on this Window just click on “Retry” and wait for the VMware to import your virtual machine.
once the import is done you will see you Virtual Machine in your VMware player! turn it On and Enjoy using the power of VMware!
Remember to remove (uninstall) VirtualBox Guest Additions software from your virtual machine and install the VMware one instead.
- move from virtualbox to vmware
- remove virtual box and use vmware
- virtualbox to vmware
- migrate from virtualbox to vmware
- translate vbox to vmware
- convert virtualbox to vmware
- convert virtual box virtual machine into vmware
- open virtualbox in vmware
Incoming search terms:
- CONVERT VIRTUALBOX TO VMWARE
- Convert VBox to VMware
- virtualbox to vmware
- step by step converting virtualbox to vmware
- nu vot
- convert virtualbox vm to vmware player
- convert virtualbox to vmplayer
- export virtualbox to wmware
- import virtualbox to vmware
- export virtualbox to vmware